Welcome to the personal website of Professor Robert Norman,
Adelaide, South Australia
- Robert Norman is Professor of Reproductive and Periconceptual Medicine at the University of Adelaide(http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/robert.norman) , one of the group of 8 Universities, the leading research intensive Universities in Adelaide.
- He is one of the world's leading spokesperson in reproductive medicine, endocrinology and infertlity.
- He leads the Robinson Institute which is the most prestigious research group in Australia in research into reproductive health and regenerative medicine, compromising more than 450 researchers and many students.(http://www.adelaide.edu.au/robinson-institute/)
- He is a reproductive medicine consultant who specialises in clinical management of infertility and reproductive endocrinology conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), lack of ovulation (anovulation), hormonally caused menstrual period problems and menopause. He is one of the world's experts in management of infertility using innovative IVF techniques.
- Professor Norman sees patients in the public hospital system and privately.
- He has published more than 330 peer-reviewed articles and given hundreds of international presentations to leading activities in the world in reproduction, endocrinology and infertility.
- He promotes internationally competitive research in reproduction that is equal to any in the rest of the world and practices medicine that is based on the highest ethical principles, is evidence based and patient centred.
- He has extensive experience in translational research which links basic laboratory and clinical and public health innovation.
- He has trained more than 20 clinical fellows and 30 PhD students.